Salt Water Magic Monthly Kit

primetime

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 28, 2008
Sinking Spring, PA
The PB came out today and started up the pool equipment for the first time.

He also left a three ring note book for me with information. We do have a 2 to 3 hour indoctrination scheduled for this Thursday, but I went ahead and flipped through the note book.

In it he recommends buying a product called "Salt Water Magic Monthly Kit" . Has anyone used this product?

Here is a link I found http://naturalchemistry.com/pool-and-sp ... ts/show/23

Thanks for any input!!

bah. see waterbear's post about halfway down:
pulling-my-hair-out-t7347.html
most of that stuff isn't needed if you follow the BBB plan. to go line by line per that website...
salt: just need the cheap solar salt
metal deactivator: does your water even have metals?
phosphate remover: not needed if you follow correct chlorine/cya which should be easy for you with a new pool and swg.
conditioner: CYA. definitely needed. can get from walmart. he should put some in himself as part of the startup (or at least, my guy did).
stabilizer: borates. see the borate sticky in the chemistry 201 forum.
enzymes: not needed if you follow correct chlorine/cya which should be easy for you with a new pool and swg.

Salt water magic is an expensive mix of salt, borax (and boric acid for pH neutrality), EDTA (a sequesterant you may or may not need--it's not the most effective sequesterant anyway) and CYA. Add them separately and you will be in better control of the levels and you will also save a LOT of money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.