Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Added borates, rise in pump pressure

1. Back To Top    #1

Added borates, rise in pump pressure

Hi all
    I added the borates and MA to the pool today. Now the pump pressure has gone up approx. 12lbs. Is this borates in my cart or just dirt from sweeping. OK to clean?
    Thanks Steve
    20K gallons,plaster, IG, Posi Flo 100 cartridge filter, 3/4hp pump. , Polaris 280?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Added borates, rise in pump pressure

If you were adding borax to the skimmer, you should give it overnight with the pump running to dissolve and then see what you filter pressure is.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi again,

I added the borates to the pool near a return line, not the skimmer.
    Also, the pressure is still rising. Could I run the polaris to help stir the water?
    Thanks, Steve
    20K gallons,plaster, IG, Posi Flo 100 cartridge filter, 3/4hp pump. , Polaris 280?

4. Back To Top    #4

Since you added the borates to the pool, you should clean the filter.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Neither borates or muriatic acid will cause the filter pressure to rise but if you had any algae in the pool the borates would kill it and THAT could cause your pressure to rise.