Here is my situation...
I'm not for sure of my pool size, but I have an inground pool with a 3ft shallow end and a 8.5ft deep end. I opened it two weeks ago Sunday... it was a dark, forest green, but is now more of a light olive green, but I can not see the bottom. I went to my local pool store and got a 100 bucks worth of chemicals and it did seem to lighten a bit. Since then I've skimmed the bottom, even though I can't see it, and I've been brushing it. I've shocked it three more times/added algaecide and have gotten to the light olive green I mentioned above. I even resorted to "floc"ing the pool last evening and that didn't even work. I'm almost thinking that the algae is more throughout the water and not on the bottom.
So, my question is this... I just vacuumed my pool on waist and then back washed for a good deal. It's now filling back up and I have the chlorinate set on high to send chlorine in. I bought three gallons of liquid chlorine and plan on putting that in tonight. After reading over your algae pool to oasis, should I begin the liquid bleach process to fully get my pool on a quicker road to recovery.
I'm pretty new to this owning a pool thing. Actually, this is my first summer. I guess that is what happens when you inherit a house with an inground pool.
Can you help,