deanrinehart's Bethlehem, PA IG Build

June 15, 2009

Plaster is complete, and the race to fill begins. See y'all tomorrow.

[center:2a620vu4]
plaster_complete.JPG
[/center:2a620vu4]

deanrinehart said:
Yup...Mike Carabello. I have referred him to other people looking for tile/coping and none have been disappointed.

I recognized him even with his back turned :). They were great, came to us on a recommendation also. They did our coping, tile and plaster renovation last year although they sub out the plaster. Great to work with, you are going to be very happy, the project looks terrific! Here is a picture of mine (in Yardley,PA)when they were finished, this is a renovation, not new. They do great work, Mike is in picture #1:
PoolRenovation-Day2006.jpg

PoolRenovation-Day5-Finalcleaningan.jpg

PoolRenovation-Day5011-1.jpg

June 16, 2009

Pool is filling fast...we have about 14 inches to go. I'm going to go home at lunch and start running the pump with the skimmers off so my wife can start with pool chemistry as soon as we clear tile.

[center:19208pup]
poolfill.JPG
[/center:19208pup]

As much as I wish this was the last step...I just wrote out a 46 item to-do list of loose ends...

:hammer:

In this picture you can see the guest cottage right behind the pool. Once we actually have money again (or maybe IF we ever have money again), we will be gutting it, removing the screens on the flagstone patio and incorporating it into the pool area as a game room/bath.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
deanrinehart said:
johnfromphilly...we probably had the same plasterer, too...Coronado.

Yep, Coronado- they were great- it was interesting watching them work- great end results. I followed pool school/Bellos recomendations which were very close to each other. LOTS of brushing- if you do not have one yet get the "wall whale" brush- it makes brushing 1000 times easier and more efficient.

Good luck and enjoy your pool it looks great!

Water held overnight and pool chemistry is doing the normal up/down crazyness.

New board and stand will be up today so I can install that tonight. Also got the proper tool/seals for the spa jets so I can get the blower going. Since I couldn't fully install the jets, water pressure from the water side was pushing into the air side and pressurizing the blower line, clamping the check valve closed. The blower couldn't break the check valve and therefore no bubbles. Hopefully this will fix that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.