Please Help! Jandy Aquapure SWG

azle

Jun 1, 2009
Azle Texas
Here is the scoop my aqua link RS6 reads 3800 salt testing says i am at 2900 both me (LaBatte salt tester, calibrated) and Leslies. I need to know if there is any way to adjust or calibrate the RS6 or any other piece to display the correct salt. Next is as long as I am testing and getting acceptable readings do I need to worry about the display (does it control anything if the reading gets to high?) i have looked at the manuals, i have cleaned the sensor, last night i cut power for a minute or so no difference. Thank You in advance for any insight!

FC-3.0
PH-7.4
ALK-100
CY-70
CH-200 DROPPED FROM LAST YEAR! guess adding soft water over the years has helped!

The salt reading is for informational purposes only. The actual generation of chlorine is based on power, volts and amps. The power used is determined by the conductivity between the terminals - the resistance of the wires, cell plates and water. The controls "back calculate" salt levels based on power input. Air and Water temperature, cell scaling, and addition of other Total Dissolved Solids can alter the salt calculation, you can adjust the calc, but will need to re-adjust it again when one factor changes.
As long as the power -amps and volts- are in acceptable levels, your unit is working. I would leave it alone and enjoy the pool!

Thanks New! As stated earlier I am kind of anal about things and found the salt calibration directions for my unit, and believe me I am enjoying my pool! Would not have it any other way. It is kind of ironic how this site has spurred me into doing more to get it......perfect? my wife tells me every year during opening you think the worst but always get it right. That's probably why I should seek help...

I really appreciate ALL the info found on this site! Swim on fellow pool owners!

Now to use borate's or not to use borate's, here I go again, it is a never ending circle! :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.