Murphy Texas IG Pool

Thank you lace and jo. I was looking at the rendering as well...what an amazing sales tool.

The guess strips were a disappointment...

It's called Blue Tahoe. The PB has the pump running 22 hours at 2950 RPMs. They gave me a vacuum but said just brush it. I see the dust getting kicked up and the color is uneven as it cures. No swimming or heat pump for 30 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Paul,,,,I just let the PB setup the package. My research didn't point me to any specific brand to make a recommendation. The cleaner that was distinguishable IMO was a robot. Maybe in the future when this machine is tired or I can sell it on ebay.

I am interested in your opinion on this technology and brand vs what you have experienced or researched.

Why did you decide on the Polaris 3900?

Thank you lace and jo. I was looking at the rendering as well...what an amazing sales tool.

The guess strips were a disappointment...

It's called Blue Tahoe. The PB has the pump running 22 hours at 2950 RPMs. They gave me a vacuum but said just brush it. I see the dust getting kicked up and the color is uneven as it cures. No swimming or heat pump for 30 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Paul,,,,I just let the PB setup the package. My research didn't point me to any specific brand to make a recommendation. The cleaner that was distinguishable IMO was a robot. Maybe in the future when this machine is tired or I can sell it on ebay.

I am interested in your opinion on this technology and brand vs what you have experienced or researched.

Tahoe blue would have been my guess [emoji1303] great color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply on the pool cleaner. I have zero pool experience but am closing on a house with an existing pool on March 9. That's why I wondered how you made your decision, but I understand the PB package routine. I am shopping robots and have put in about 8 hours of research so far. I am leaning toward the SmartPool Scrubber 60 plus. I like the large basket and the dual motor with zero turning radius. I do not like the made in China aspect. But the best price on it is a doable $600 as opposed to $800-$1200 for Polaris, Hayward, or Dolphin. My second choice so far is the Dolphin Nautilus Plus for around $700. From what I am reading, all robots are temperamental and have their own set of pros and cons, so if I go with the $600 price point, I can just toss it after two seasons and get a new one if needed. If I can get 3-4 seasons out of it, I win!

I am also interested in a couple things you mentioned during your build. I'd love to know what type of controls you are using on your utilities. I'm all about making this monster pool (53 X 25) as economical and efficient as possible.

Also, I live in OKC which is in your area, so I have had the same thinking on a solar cover for use in April-May and Sept.-Oct. to extend the season. Please let me know what type of solar cover you decide on and how it is working for you. I've been researching and shopping these as well.

We will be enjoying the same pool season soon! I look forward to hearing your ideas.

Crystal

The Pool has been up and running for 6 weeks now. The follow-up from the PB has been great. They did an additional final grade (thank you James) and clean/rake of the yard today, power washed the driveway/deck and the service department will take care of a small metallic stain on the love seat plaster soon.

This pool is an acid hog and might be this way for a few months. Eventually I have been told it will take a cup or two of acid each week. Brushing the dirt from the bottom of the pool will be a regular task. The skimmers and Polaris 3900 are seeing minor debris right now.

I am finding the Polaris 3900 to be a nice cleaner. In the long run I better learn how to maintain this beast myself. The frustrating part is the hose/line/cord is getting tangled up and will not allow it access to 100% of the walls. I do find it getting hung up on the stairs just rubbing away the rubber wheels before the system reverses. Is this an OCD issue or will the line relax over time?

My kid has been in the pool with a water temperature of 72.... no thank you. In the coming weeks I am going to start adjusting the plumbing so I can get maximum heating from the heat pump.

Here is a question. I am running the pump 8 hours a day 1700 RPMs, 2 hours a day @ 2750 RPMs. When I dropped my RPMs to 1450 for 10 hours I noticed my chlorine PPM dropped to .4.......Is this a result of water flow or temperature being 50-70 degrees? Does temperature of the water dictate how much breakdown occurs on the 3" tab? Using a low chlorine method putting a cap full of Pool Perfect and 4 oz of Algecide each week. The Rainbow Chlorinator is set a 5 on a dial of 1-5.

BTW our electric company has a portal for daily usage, the Zodiac PDA shows the Watts at a given RPM of the pump; I might be able to power my pool for $15-18 a month based on a few calculation......Is this a pipe dream with a VS Pump? .11 cents KwH

Landscaping is going to get ramped up soon and I will post some picks in a few weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.