My pool is clearing and me is getting happy, but

Apr 27, 2009
I am curious about a couple of things. I hope I havent ruined my liner as it looks to be stained, I guess from the algea that was in it all winter and the leaves as well. Is there anything to hopefully bring it back to where it needs to be or just live with it. Will the chlorine help this or am I gonna have to swimm down and try and scrub it with a sock w dry acid in it???

It is fairly common to get organic stains on your liner from leaves left in the pool over the winter. These stains will fade slowly at normal chlorine levels, or somewhat more quickly at shock FC levels.

When we moved in here (just over two years ago), there were a few stains in our pool (vinyl liner). I didn't think too much of it - it actually looked like someone had dumped chemicals into the pool in a couple of places instead of "broadcasting" them. Anyhow, as I was clearing the pool this year, I realized that they are completely GONE. I can't even see where they were. So maybe after a year or so of BBB maintenance, your pool has a chance of being stain-free?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.