Any Advice? Bottol Rails in 1/2 pool reinstall

Jun 19, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
OK, so I had to dismantle half of my pool to get the new mason's sand in, since it is not equipment accessable and there was no one willing to shovel 8 tons of sand into wheelbarrows and then over a 52 inch wall.

I am finshing it is a living heck getting the pool wall back into place correctly!!!!! 2 times I had to take some of the rails off after working so hard to get them on because the wall did not have enough slack in it, and there ended up being too much at the end. I even tried ensuring I had proper spacing using the top rails, but that didnt work. so now I have the wall connected, with half in railings and half not. Of couse the wind blew over the half without railings.

As one might expect, the railings are beat up badle, bent and twisted some, and clogged with dirt. The wall is also bent up badly. the only way I have found to even get the bottom rails on is to try and prop up the wall with pavers high enough to get my fingers under it, and then try to manipulate the wall into the rail an inch at a time.

Has anyone had to reassemble a beaten up pool and found any tricks? I know this isnt a 1 man job, but i am pretty much stuck doing it alone. Any advice anyone may have would be hugely appreciated!

I think this pool will be the death of me...

Dear Lord in Heaven! Bless this man and give him the STRENGTH to get his pool back together! 8)

I am so sorry you are having a bear of a time with your pool! I wish I were closer cuz I would seriously come over and help you out! Your sides should be able to pop back in place once you fill the pool up.

Any kids around to help? I had my two young children help me with my pool and they were 9 and 11 when I did it on my own mostly. Took me 4 days from start to end 8-10 hours a day til it was finished and topped off. The walls were the worst when the wind kicked up. I know, they collapsed on me atleast 4 times and jumped the track too! :evil:

I think my tip to you would be to ask someone, anyone for help, maybe even a neighbor friend! I know I would have never been able to do it on my own if I hadn't had an extra set of hands, big or little, especially when getting the wall back on track a few times! :grrrr:

Please be patient with it, take your time and a lil break for a breather, beer and back rub if you have too! I still wish I were closer though. I'd help you in a heart beat! Good Luck! I'll be up here in Pennsylvania thinking about you and cheering you on!

Thank you for the virtual support! The nightmare is still ongoing. the wind has done a number on my pool walls and rails since it was drained in January, the wall is buckled and bent in so many placesand dome of the rails are twisted and disfigured pretty bad. I finally got a friend to some over and help me with the walls for 4 hours yesterday, but we still couldnt finish. It always seems to come down to the last part. This time I got the wall connected properly, and now have all but 3 sections of rails in place, but the wall is not cooperating anymore. there is a section where the wall is lifting too high, and we can't figure out why. All the bricks were buried level using transits, so I know where things are supposed to be, but there seems to be a good 3 inches or so of excess wall I cannot get just right, so it lifts the remaining section.

I am thinking maybe if I get a few people to lead on different sections of the end of the oval, I can extend it enough to get the rails on. I am going to give it a go today. I really think if I could just get all the railing and wall back in place, I could deal with the rest. of course my once perfectly flat and compacted masons sand looks like a city beach now and tons of rocks from my Crud dirt around the pool made there way back in. So there is still a big effort to undertake.

We have had to postpone my daughter pool party for her 11th birthday 2 weeks already! I am hoping we can start filling by Sunday so we have a chance of having it next weekend!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.