CircuPool RJ unit frozen

Oct 22, 2016
Melbourne
We have a circupool RJ series chlorinater on our pool. The salt level light is solid red, the display reads low salt, and none of the buttons are responding. Is the unit malfunctioning, or do I need to get the salt level up in order for the buttons to respond? It would be nice to know the current salt level so I know how many pounds to add, but the unit isn't telling me anything. Please help.

Fleming

Welcome to TFP!

The first thing you need to do is have the water tested for the salinity level. If you have a pool store nearby check with them or get yourself some salt test strips to test it yourself.

You should always test the salinity level before adding salt to the water because a bad SWG cell will often report a lower salt level than actual. Many times people will then add too much salt to the water only to find out the cell was no good and then when a new cell is installed the water will need to be drained some to lower the salt level in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.