Breaking down and storing a Rectangular Intex pool

Albane

Oct 20, 2016
Roseville
This past summer, I upgraded my previous 18 foot round Intex pool to the 24' by 12' rectangular pool that comes with a very nice sand pump.

I have always broken down my round pools and while it was a pain to remove the 4' poles from the liner (the ones that connect with an ~15 degree elbow to each other), it never took more than 30 seconds. With the new pool, I cannot figure out how to remove the 12' and 24' of poles from the liner as they are stuck almost the entire way.

Does anyone here have a trick to get these poles unstuck from the liner, so that I can store my pool for the winter?

Here is an example of the pool I am talking about - http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510vw7cDQeL._SL1000_.jpg

Where is Roseville? Can you just leave it up and cover it or will the weather preclude that option?

It is northern Sacramento area. Rarely does it get below freezing, so I can keep it up all winter. I would prefer to break down the pool though, but it sounds like it won't be happening. I have since refilled my pool and will work on getting the chlorine levels back up to survive the rain.

I tried multiple tricks to get the liner off the poles, and decided I didn't have the patience to work my way through 24+24+12+12 feet of stuck liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.