Heat pump help

Jun 8, 2009
We recently purchased a used Titan TI III heat pump for our pool. It appears to be working fine but it seems to be taking a long time to heat the pool. We have an 18X36 pool with a solar cover. The pool water is 70 degrees, the air temperature is 70 degrees, we ran the heater for 6 hours and it only raised the water temperature 1 degree reaching 71 degrees. The water being returned to the pool was lukewarm compared to the pool. I was expecting it to be a lot warmer. Of most concern is that the electricity meter went up by 30, so I'm assuming that's KWh's.

Can anyone let me know, if this sounds normal for a heat pump?

This is not atypical for a heatpump...however, once it gets to temp it will maintain that temp very nicely....but dramatic increases in water temp are not what heatpumps do...it may take 2 to 3 days to get your water to temperature

It does sound a little slow. Lot of variables, though. Full sun on the unit will make it work more efficiently, but really even in the shade it will work very well. on a day thats mid 60's, i can get a 2 degree rise or so per hour.

How many BTU is it? How many gallons of water are in the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.