Proper pool shed foundation

grottoguy

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
NJ
I am plannig to purchase a shed for my backyard (to store all pool related stuff like chairs, floats, etc). It will be about 10 x 16 or 12 x 16 or maybe bigger if once we get there we decide on a larger one. My question is what type of base should I use? Some places suggest gravel (or rocks). I would have thought concerete but that seems to be discouraged.

Any thoughts.

Stone is great for prebuilt sheds in freezing climates. Even the stone and drop the shed on it. Easy peasy and super solid. Wood sheds that size are heavy and don't move and bit.
Mine is on pavers dug into soil. Harder to do the prep getting them all level though.

Stone is great for prebuilt sheds in freezing climates. Even the stone and drop the shed on it. Easy peasy and super solid. Wood sheds that size are heavy and don't move and bit.
Mine is on pavers dug into soil. Harder to do the prep getting them all level though.

Thanks for the confirmation. That was the way we are planning to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.