Extra 3/4" pipe

Hey guys, I have an 35,000gal concrete inground pool and I have an extra 3/4" pipe that I'm trying to figure out. It stubs up at the equipment pad the other end comes out in the pool wall about 1/2 way and 1/2 way up the wall. Would this be for a automatic cleaner? There is no booster pump and the pipe is just stubbed up and taped off. I really can't think of what this else this could be. Any input is much appreciated.

Sorry the pipe is 1" not 3/4" dunno why I typed 3/4". The pipe is about 18" under the water line and comes out a little less then the halfway point of the overall length of the pool. The other end stubs up at equipment pad. The pool was built in 1977 so no asking the builder, it's definitely not a conduit for lighting because I already have lighting and it's plumbing pvc not electrical conduit. I can't take any pics because I'm all buttoned up for the winter. I actually have the blueprints from when it was built that came with my house and they just say "extra pipe stubbed at pad". So I guess its provisions for a pressure side cleaner. Would I be able to run a booster pump and cleaner on a 1" pipe? Again thanks for all the help!

So after looking at the blueprints again I actually found something in the notes that looks like it says "stub plumb for ps". It figures the only part of the blueprints that have a smudge on them is right there but that's my luck! So I guess I kinda answered my own question?.Also after some googling I found that Polaris says a 1" will work. What would be the downside(if any) of using a booster pump and p.s vac on 1" pipe! Thanks

Dropbox - Photo Oct 19, 3 08 04 AM.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.