Leaking Liner, closing pool, need advice on winterizing to not damage pool

Oct 17, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Hi all:kim:
We have a round 24' AGP and unfortunately the pool liner has a leak. The water has emptied with the exception of approximately 1ft, the pool is approximately 4-5ft deep. We are new pool owners, the prior homeowners installed the pool 8 years ago. We were planning on replacing the pool liner vs repairing it since it is 8 years old, but want to confirm we will not damage our pool. We also need to winterize the pool, but not sure how to handle since we don't plan on keeping it full until we replace the liner next year.

We are in San Antonio, TX so the weather is hot and humid. Although the weather cools down, our winter can range from 40 - 70 degrees, but mainly hovers in the 60s. We do freeze in January/February but the temperature does not go below 19 degrees. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

I wouldn't let the pool sit with just a ft of water. The water provides the walls with stability. If a,storm came through with high winds, you may not have a pool next year. Check the outside of the pool for wet spots. Your leak will be close by that. If you have to, put more water in it.

My sister's pool collapsed over the winter when she had the same situation a few years ago. If I were you, I'd check to see if it's patchable and fix it. If the water level has stopped lowering, your leak will be near the water level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.