Lowering Ph

Rhesha

Jun 28, 2007
SE Louisiana
ok... so I have a 2 month old intex blue pool that holds app. 5000 gallons and a pitiful little pump. I recently had an algea bloom which I shock killed with bleach. Now, my water is clean (not green) , but cloudy. I have read that this can be caused by high ph or dead algea or both. I checked my pH and it was high, I don't remember the actual number, but it was over 8. So I bought pH minus and stabilizer. What I am wanting to know is this: Does stabilizer lower pH as well? Should I use them together or what?

Chlorine levels don't mater for adding stabalizer or adjusting PH. You want to try and keep your chlorine levels stable at a level based on Ben's best guess chart, see the link in my signature. This may be difficult to do while your stabalizer is low, just be sure to add chlorine at least once a day in the evening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.