Just Refilled- What do I need?

Aug 20, 2016
Alpine, CA
Greetings!

So after battling a CYA level that was off the charts (thank you Leslie's) we chose to drain and refill our pool; starting from scratch, using TFP guidelines. We just finished filling it up yesterday. We have the Taylor K-2006 test kit, and I began testing yesterday to get a "base-line" of where we are at.

So far this is what I have been able to test:

pH:7.4
CH: 280ppm
TA:140ppm

I obviously need to test FC and CYA when I get home today. I was curious; I purchased muriatic acid b/c I thought I may need it with the brand new water- do I? Or do I need to wait until I get the CYA level to determine?

Also, for TA- I see on the Recommended levels from TFP that we should be 70-90+... is 140 to high?

Thanks in advance!

Please provide a full set of test results. TA of 140 may be high, but it really depends on how your PH reacts. With a PH of 7.4 and if the levels stay consistent during and throughout the week, then you should be fine. No reason to lower TA unless you are having issues.

Have you added CYA to your pool? Depending on your method, it could take up to one week for the stabilizer to show up on your test results. Do you have a chlorinator (which I assume you do)? How are you feeding the pool going forward (liquid chlorine, etc.)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.