Help! Water in ground, cannot find the source

gjun

Mar 23, 2016
Sugar Land, TX
Hello,

I have a new pool built just several weeks ago, and while we're digging around the pool to install some sprinklers we found a puddle of water around the pipelines next to the pool, close to the equipment pad. The pool builder ordered a leak detection service (American leak detection), but they said there's no leak in my pool.

There's still water coming out in the same area, and we tried to pump out the water but we keep getting the water about the same level. The water level in the ground remains slightly lower than the pool water level, and it does not get higher whether I run the pool pump or not. I think the fact that it does not get higher tells that it's not leaking in the middle of pool plumbing, but there'd be a small leak around the pool, but really cannot identify which one is the source.

As a last resort, I'd try draining the pool, to see whether the leak stops at a specific point.

Would there be anything else that I could try to identify the leak, or at least to prove or disprove that the water is coming from the pool? I'm losing about 1/3 ~ 1/2 inch water daily from the pool so I really cannot tell from that. We have clay type soil (Houston area) so water does not travel much beyond the puddle I found.

Thanks! I also tried the bucket test and the result suggests there're some leak but not a lot. Because the leak detection company failed to find the leak the PB is kind of not assured that there's really a problem, so I'd like to prove that the water really came out from the pool. Leslie's told me that they really cannot compare water in the pool with water coming out to the ground because all chemical properties will be messed up.

Test the water in the puddle for CYA and compare that to the water in the pool. There will be no CYA in any water other than pool water.

Not sure of the exact layout the way you describe it but are you close to a skimmer? Those things are pvc/plastic - could one of gotten cracked before or during concrete pour and leaking water? Mind had concrete poured all around them, but just a thought.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.