Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: baquacil to salt

1. Back To Top    #1

baquacil to salt

We have a 18X36 inground vinyl liner pool, we have been using baquacil for about 12 years$$$.
    We have a Hayward sand filter,which we normally change sand every year.We have not uncovered the pool this year, so we have not added any chemical. Today(june9) we purchased Aqua-Rite Generator which my husband is going to install. After saying all that at the pool store they told us we needed to need which we purcased Chlorine-free shock and Natural Clarifer. The man said to use6# of shock and 1 and 1/2 Quarts of clarifer. I find your web-site and am very confused. Help!!Do I go buy 15 gal. of bleach or what? Thanks for any and all help!xbaquail

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: baquail to salt

x,

Welcome to the forum. There are many threads on here of baqua conversions. Read thru those and then read in Pool School "How to Convert your Baqua Pool to Chlorine"

It will be hard to take the pool store's advice and combine it with the info on this forum. You should choose a path and go with it. The methods here always work and sounds like it will be considerably cheaper.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: baquacil to salt

Welcome

Please follow the advice of the contributors here. I used BQ for years. My conversion is almost finished and my pool already looks better than it has for years. This method works! One pool store wanted to sell me $300 worth of chem. (special shock) for the procedure. So far, I've used less than $100 of bleach. Even buying the T100 test kit and contributing to this site, I'm getting off "cheap".

Good luck with your conversion!
    Geoshecks
    Perry Hall, Maryland
    27' round above ground, 17100 gal, vinyl, Hayward1.5hp, 200lb.sand, EX baqua-goo user.