Decking options

Aug 13, 2016
Parker, Tx
We are close to finalizing our pool design, but are having a hard time making a decision on the decking. We currently have a large stamped concrete patio that the new decking will need to tie into. We originally thought we just wanted to use stamped concrete again, but the PB we are leaning towards suggested using pavers instead. He indicated pavers would not be as slick as the stamped concrete, and would be a little cooler in the hot summer sun. We have enough of a threshold on the existing patio to put pavers over the existing stamped concrete and then use the same pavers for the new decking as well. My wife wants to be able to power wash the new decking, and we don't know if pavers would be a good option for this. Are there any opinions of stamped concrete vs. pavers? Are there any other factors we should consider?

If you powerwash pavers, you'll wash the sand out of the joints and need to re-sand every time. Even polymeric sand won't hold up to a pressure washer. I just use the hose nozzle and lightly flush the surface dirt off if I feel the need to clean the deck. It really doesn't get dirty unless you get spray-on sunscreen on it.

I think a concrete deck will be cooler than pavers. We have rock salt finished colored concrete deck. It is great; no upcharge, non-slip, zero maintenance and looks great after 5 seasons. Pics in link in sig.

We have have the salted concrete as well and it wasn't slippery, looked great, and never got hot...and we are Texas [emoji1]
b6a13473b2d28021130a8fa5f38a9062.jpg

Tried finding a pic on my phone...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.