Winterizing Auqa Trol HP SWG on AGP

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
Ok,Draining water and have unhooked the Switch and Cell from PVC plumbing.? is should I put these 2 pc's up somewhere or just hook back inline for the winter.Cell look's good.Wondering if I should clean cell before winter.Also Control Box OK to leave and cover up for the winter?

I can't advise you about removing the equipment as I don't close my pool down. If you've already removed I'd just store them inside over the winter. Can't hurt, huh?

I would not clean the cell *unless* it appears to need cleaning. It can shorten the lifespan of the plates if done unnecessarily.

My control box sits outside year round, but in the coldest weather when its freezing overnight (since we don't close) Skippy puts moving blankets and a tarp over the pool equipment along with a hanging auto light underneath and we run the pump overnight. No problems at all with the SWG control box (knock on wood!)

Thank You!!..I did read where the Control Box is made for the weather.I'm finishing blowing the lines out today and will cover everything with Tarp.We don't have reallt hard winter's here in the Tarheel State.
I can't advise you about removing the equipment as I don't close my pool down. If you've already removed I'd just store them inside over the winter. Can't hurt, huh?

I would not clean the cell *unless* it appears to need cleaning. It can shorten the lifespan of the plates if done unnecessarily.

My control box sits outside year round, but in the coldest weather when its freezing overnight (since we don't close) Skippy puts moving blankets and a tarp over the pool equipment along with a hanging auto light underneath and we run the pump overnight. No problems at all with the SWG control box (knock on wood!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.