Should I close, or wait a little longer?

My AG pool is at 60 degrees and I was ready to close today but two things have me concerned.

Obviously, being my first time closing ever, I want to be sure.

Temps outside are due to be low to mid 80s this week and then back down next weekend to high 50s to low 60s during the day and high 40s at night.

ive brushed the pool and gotten it to an 11 ppm for FC. PH is 7.3. TA 80 and CYA 45.

The pool has been sparkling ALL season with no issues and I have no trees or debris in it and usually don't have anything but a little sand (from pump I'm guessing)

Should I just wait until next weekend because of the outside temps, or is it okay to close? If I should close, can I reduce pump run time? I run it 8 hours overnight currently.

Is the FC level still too low or okay to close?

My AG pool is at 60 degrees and I was ready to close today... Temps outside are due to be low to mid 80s this week and then back down next weekend to high 50s to low 60s during the day and high 40s at night.

I am in the same exact situation here in Ohio. I decided to close solely because it was what I had already planed to do this weekend. My water temps were as low as 56 last week and crept up to 61 by the time I put the cover on it at 5pm this afternoon. It may creep up some more this week with the high day temps, but I'm hoping it cools off at night. I didn't put the skimmer lid under the cover, so I could check things if I really feel the need.

I usually close in early October (I just closed yesterday; water temp was 64°). Since switching to a solid cover years ago I've never had an issue closing with water temps in the 60's. The water is always clear when I reopen in early May. And yes, I add 60 % polyquat at closing.

The two items mentioned (Solid cover and PolyQuat), again IMHO, is what helps prolong the formation of algae in the Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer because of time. Spending a few dollars on PolyQuat 60 is well worth it to me, even if it is not really needed. The cover, is probably one of the more important items that someone needs.

The two items mentioned (Solid cover and PolyQuat), again IMHO, is what helps prolong the formation of algae in the Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer because of time. Spending a few dollars on PolyQuat 60 is well worth it to me, even if it is not really needed. The cover, is probably one of the more important items that someone needs.

Agreed. Going from a mesh cover to a Solid cover made a big difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.