Used Sundance Cameo Getting Ready to Start Up

twodogs02

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2012
It's finally on line ! # ! # ! # ! # ! # !

d0d53f6899c7b62016a6890cab68515b.jpg

fc124cbe6b92cb694dcf300c24e2b2e9.jpg

13cc316158f241af031ae499aebb445d.jpg

Hello and congrats on your new spa!

I too am the happy owner of a 'used' Sundance Cameo that we got earlier this summer.
It's a great product, we've had no trouble with it, and I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as well.

Ron

View attachment 55073
Hi Ron,

Congrats. That's a great tub, I'll trade you my chestnut panels for your mahogany...lol May I ask you a quick question, what's you free chlorine consumption like ? I'm consuming 3-5 ppm in less than a day and have been holding the tub at shock level for 2 days with same burn off rates.

Thanks, and I do hope you are fully enjoying your tub.

I use a SWCG, and have not had trouble balancing the water - ie other than the initial learning curve!

I did run a SLAM in the middle of August. After 3 days of keeping FC levels up:

For the OCLT: the FC went from 12 ppm to 11ppm, so a drop of 1ppm in 8 hours;
For the percentage drop over 24 hours: the FC went from 12 ppm to 8 ppm; so a drop of 33%

Later on in early October, after a line-flush, drain & refill, I took the FC to shock level and did another test.
The percentage drop over 24 hours: the FC went from 14ppm to 10ppm, so a drop of 28%.

From what I've read on this site, in the case of a covered spa, the percentage drop over 24 hours seems to be what is most relevant to monitor. This link on 24 hour demand may be of interest, if you haven't already seen it.

Hope this helps!

Ron

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.