Getting used to my Taylor K-2006C and my new pool- Please take a look!

mwalling

Bronze Supporter
Sep 17, 2016
Dallas, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Good evening!

below are my test results for today. Do all of the readings have held steady for the last week except my FC has dropped a bit as a result of letting my trichlor tablets run low.

Any suggestions?

FC: 3.0
CC: 0
PH: 7.6
TA: 80
CH: 280
CYA: 57
Temp: 75

by the way, the kids and I just got out from a swim....ambient temp 85 and pool 75. Wasn't too bad ☃️.

thanks for taking the time!

Congratulations! You bought the best kit to take control of your new pool. Keep an eye on your CYA and consider liquid chlorine and/or bleach. Read the "Getting Started " again and enjoy your pool!

Thank you! I have considered liquid chlorine and will prob give it a try when I run out of trich tablets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Matt! Doing good so far. Please look over this link (print it out and keep it in your test box).

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Now what do YOU think? Know these are just suggestions based of an average of pools. Some pools like a TA of X and some like the TA at Y. We will help you dial in YOUR pool once the plaster stops curing.

Remember that your PH may climb high and fast due to the plaster curing. Keep everything within the recommend levels and all should be good.

Have you played with Pool Math? A like is in my siggy below.

Did you leave out a number for your TA?

Let me know what you think you need to do after looking at the above chart and using Pool Math.

Kim:kim:

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! I have considered liquid chlorine and will prob give it a try when I run out of trich tablets.

I do worry about you using your tablets much longer as your CYA is getting close to the upper level. If you go much higher it is going to be hard to keep your FC at target. If your FC gets below target the algae monster could come visit :shock: LOL

Matt! Doing good so far. Please look over this link (print it out and keep it in your test box).

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Now what do YOU think? Know these are just suggestions based of an average of pools. Some pools like a TA of X and some like the TA at Y. We will help you dial in YOUR pool once the plaster stops curing.

Remember that your PH may climb high and fast due to the plaster curing. Keep everything within the recommend levels and all should be good.

Have you played with Pool Math? A like is in my siggy below.

Did you leave out a number for your TA?

Let me know what you think you need to do after looking at the above chart and using Pool Math.

- - - Updated - - -

I do worry about you using your tablets much longer as your CYA is getting close to the upper level. If you go much higher it is going to be hard to keep your FC at target. If your FC gets below target the algae monster could come visit :shock: LOL

I did leave a zero off the TA. It's 80. I've read A LOT since joining. Sometimes I think it might have been better to remain ignorant but I'm too far into it now!!! Thanks for all the great info in the forums!!

Matt, I so hear you on the overload of info! BUT it is SO worth it. Your plaster will last longer and your wallet will be heavier due to TFP.

Once you see YOUR water looking like a jewel then you see a non-TFP pool you will KNOW why you do what you do! There is nothing else like TFP water!

Keep an eye on the CYA. Lets call your CYA 60. We round to the highest number instead of in between. You really do not want it to go any higher.

Kim :kim:

Good evening!

below are my test results for today. Do all of the readings have held steady for the last week except my FC has dropped a bit as a result of letting my trichlor tablets run low.

Any suggestions?

FC: 3.0
CC: 0
PH: 7.6
TA: 80
CH: 280
CYA: 57
Temp: 75

by the way, the kids and I just got out from a swim....ambient temp 85 and pool 75. Wasn't too bad ☃️.

thanks for taking the time!
Welcome to the forum.

With a CYA of 60ppm (how did you get 57?), your FC is too low. Your minimum FC is 5ppm, it should never fall below that. Your daily FC target is 7-9ppm.

FC / CYA Chart

Welcome to the forum.

With a CYA of 60ppm (how did you get 57?), your FC is too low. Your minimum FC is 5ppm, it should never fall below that. Your daily FC target is 7-9ppm.

FC / CYA Chart

The reading was 7/10's of the distance between 50 and 60...

Thanks for the link!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.