white chalky residue all over floor in pebble tec

Oct 15, 2016
alamo, Ca.
does anyone know what this white residue on the bottom of my pebble tec is. it appeared all of a sudden and its extremely hard to brush off. it just leaves a little cloud of white behind the steel brush im using on it. brushed it for hours and it doesnt seem like im getting anywhere. i thought maybe calcium.
i keep the chlor,ph and alk @ 5.0/7.6/90. i just recently dropped the ph to 7.4 to see if it would make brushing easier. still the same though.
two weeks before the white showed up i noticed a light cloud of algae coming up when i brushed. phosphates were 2500 so i treated it and brought them down to 100 since.
i just had a guest house constructed in my back yard and landscaped aswell. it appeared just around the time construction finished. wasnt sure if that could have contributed to it somehow since ive never had this problem before.
im trying to think of anything else that happened in or around the pool that wasnt the usual everyday occurrence but i think thats it.
anyways if anyone has an idea of what this could be please let me know, id really appreciate it!

Attachments

• IMG_1222.jpg
    IMG_1222.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1224.jpg
    IMG_1224.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 85
reagents and test kit

Good! Now lets do some more back work so we know what is what at a glance. Please edit your signature (settings-upper right hand side of this page. Edit signature-middle left). Put in pool type and size (gals), equipment kind and size, features, what test kit.

Please run a full set of tests and post them like this:

FC
CC
PH
TA
CH
CYA

While you are waiting to hear back from one of us do some reading here:

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

This is the corner stone of what we teach here at TFP

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.