water level

wal81

Feb 8, 2015
North Alabama
I plan on closing in the next few weeks. Water temp is about 67. My water level has dropped 3 inches from where I normally keep it during the season. This is due to no rain in many weeks, and I haven't been adding from the hose. The water level is high enough to just enter the skimmer, but the skimmer basket area isn't completely full (the water flowing in is actually creating a little waterfall effect over the flap).

Is it ok to have the water this low? I hate to add fill water this close to closing...seems like that would just be a waste of water.

My setup is 2 skimmers/2 returns/1 vacuum return/1 wall drain. I thought about closing off the skimmers with the ball valves at the pump, and just leaving the wall drain open, since it is lower down on the pool wall. Would this be hard on the pump?

I dropped my pump/swg time to 5 hours per day. Could I just go ahead and turn the pump off, since we're not concerned about water clarity/dirt now anyway?

Wal,

You don't want to let your skimmers run dry if the pump is on. This could easily cause damage to your pump fittings.

Suggest you turn off the skimmers at the pad and just use the main drain for now.

If me, I'd let it run that way until the water temperature gets into the low to middle 60's..

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.