LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Charter Oak, California
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Can this 2-Speed/1HP Pump offered by Amazon: [h=1]Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed[/h]
Be swapped into this Hayward 21" Pump/Filter Combination set-up also offered by Amazon:[h=1]Hayward Pro Series S210T93S 21-Inch Top-Mount Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System with 1.5-HP Matrix Pump[/h]
What sayeth all ya'll

Can this 2-Speed/1HP Pump offered by Amazon: Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed

Be swapped into this Hayward 21" Pump/Filter Combination set-up also offered by Amazon:Hayward Pro Series S210T93S 21-Inch Top-Mount Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System with 1.5-HP Matrix Pump

What sayeth all ya'll
Since the pump is separate from the filter, yes you can use the 1HP 2-speed pump with the 21" sand filter, and either keep the 1.5HP pump as a backup, or sell it.

dom.....I was looking back at the forum. The one I asked about is the same Hayward Pump/Filter that you and singingpond picked up I think....

I was just thinking that the 2-speed pump was a nice upgrade....and inexpensive too...

thanks for responding

I am actually quite tempted to buy the 1 hp 2-speed pump you mention. I had previously looked a bit at getting a compatible 2-speed motor to swap into the pump that comes with the 21" filter setup (was thinking of doing this a year or two down the road). The best price I found so far on a 2-speed motor was about $100 more than the current cost of that complete 2-speed pump...! Definitely tempting.

I was amazed how long the pump/filter combo stayed at the reduced price; I pictured them (Amazon) having a large surplus of these units. I wonder how many they moved out the door during the past several weeks!

Singingpond....I think the two speed pump is a great idea at a great price. You can always hold on the the one speed pump for a backup or sell it for a few bucks. I'll keep on the lookout so I don't miss out again..

pooldv: Are you sure? It may be a long, cold winter?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Singingpond....I think the two speed pump is a great idea at a great price. You can always hold on the the one speed pump for a backup or sell it for a few bucks. I'll keep on the lookout so I don't miss out again..
OK, a bit embarrassed to admit it, but I did buy the 2-speed pump on Amazon this morning. Just looked like too good a deal at that price (~$132)!

Good luck with your survey of prices and equipment through the coming cold months! When I look back, I had actually been keeping an eye on pump and filter prices and configurations for a while, over the past two years or so -- good deals definitely do seem to come along if you are patient.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.