New pool owner looking for answers

Hi everyone. I just closed on my house two weeks ago and am the proud owner of a very nice 25,000 gallon cement pool. It was green when I closed and had all the water drained and power-washed. I am planning to have it painted and refilled and closed for the season. Since it was green and even some jumpy friends made it their home, I was thinking of maybe have an acid wash done. Does anyone recommend it??

Btw...it is an 11 year old pool and looks to be in great shape. The wife is just a germaphobe so been ok my case.

Welcome to TFP!

Congrats on the new pool! We don't recommend painting pools. It is a lot of work and only lasts 2-3 years. It is much better to replaster, even if you need to wait a couple of years.

Hi everyone. I just closed on my house two weeks ago and am the proud owner of a very nice 25,000 gallon cement pool. It was green when I closed and had all the water drained and power-washed. I am planning to have it painted and refilled and closed for the season. Since it was green and even some jumpy friends made it their home, I was thinking of maybe have an acid wash done. Does anyone recommend it??

Btw...it is an 11 year old pool and looks to be in great shape. The wife is just a germaphobe so been ok my case.

You powerwashed and now you want to acid wash? I would think the powerwash was more than enough. I agree with teh others that painting is at best a stop-gap measure and will likely be more trouble than it's worth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.