vinyl liner replacement

Sep 15, 2015
Mobile, Al
This may not be the right place to post this but here goes. The liner in my 18 by 36 ingound pool failed because of poor installation by the previous owner of my home. I hired a company to redo the bottom and replace the liner. To resurface the bottom they basically just mixed sand and portland cement(no water), spread it with hand trowels and then sprayed wate on it and put the liner in. It is the lumpiest most uneven bottom you can imagine. What is the proper way to do this? Also is it possible to drain the water, remove the liner, smooth the bottom and reuse the same liner?

Is there any way YOU can undo the side of the liner away from the skimmer and return to see if you can move the sand/stuff around with a little effort. Is so I could do that............take the liner down EXCEPT about 1 foot on either side of the skimmer/return. Use something to make sure the liner will stay up. Pull the liner towards the skimmer and work the sand/stuff to smooth it out.

IF you have the $$ you can buy house foam........the pink stuff you put on the house walls. You can put it on the bottom under the liner (triple taping to keep gaps from happening). That will make for a very smooth bottom.

Just some ideas to help you maybe get a smooth bottom on your pool.

I hope one of them works for you. I will tell you that my installer spent a LOT of time on the bottom of my pool smoothing and such and there were still some slight dimples. You cannot see them expect at night when the light is on OR when there is dirt in the pool. The dirt gets "caught" in the dimples.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.