Just added variable speed pump

KennyFlaming

Bronze Supporter
Apr 15, 2016
Erath, LA
I just today added a Hayward max flow IS2393VSP2 on my SWG pool.

I have the directions on how to program the timers but I don't have the knowledge on what times and at what speeds for the pump to run.

Should it run 24/7 and at times a very low speed? Or 12 hours with various speeds- these are the kinds of questions I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenny,

There are no hard and fast rules that you have to obey. I run my VS pump 24/7, but most people don't. It is something that you have to experiment with yourself. I have about four speeds that I generally use.. I run most of the time at 1,200 RPM to keep the SWG happy. I ramp up to 1,400 and 1,800 a few times a day to help the skimmers work better. The pump will also ramp up to 2,700 anytime I turn on the waterfall wall.

No one told me I had to use those numbers, it is just something that I found by trial and error.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I run mine at 1100 rpm for filtering, skimming and making chlorine with the SWG. 2100 rpm for solar and/or heat pump. 1500 rpm if I want a little extra skimming. 2500 rpm all suction from the bottom drain when brushing.

I'm about to leave for a week, and though my daughter and son in law will be around, I'd really like to just "set it and forget it" until I get back.

Any recommendations on amount of time it should run at higher speeds?

At speeds lower than 850 RPM my low flow light will come in so I set lowest speed about 950.

I run mine at 1600 for a total of 5 1/2 hrs per day ( multiple sessions) for general circulation / skimming. I run it at 2900 for 1 hour for pressure pool cleaner.

Since you have SWG I would run it just enough to generate chlorine and let that be your general skimming / circulation speed. I did not see a cleaner in your sig ( might have a robot ) so that might be all you need.

I don't run mine at higher speeds on a regular basis. I just let it run at 1100 rpm between 12 and 24 hours per day depending on how busy the trees are dropping tree stuff into my pool. Right now we are in 24x7 mode. Most folks are ok running their pump about 6-8 per day. No high speed needed normally.

I run mine at 1600 for a total of 5 1/2 hrs per day ( multiple sessions) for general circulation / skimming. I run it at 2900 for 1 hour for pressure pool cleaner.

Since you have SWG I would run it just enough to generate chlorine and let that be your general skimming / circulation speed. I did not see a cleaner in your sig ( might have a robot ) so that might be all you need.

I don't have a cleaner. Just vacuum/brush etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.