Hayward heater with EasyTouch

You most definitely can use the Hayward heater with Easy Touch.

Here is a link to the heater manual:

http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/UniversalH-seriesLowNOx-HxxxFDService&Installation.pdf

Use the two wire connection method (pg 30) and connect a two wire cable to the Easy Touch HEATER (J19) connector.

You basically set the heater thermostat as high as it will go for both pool and spa modes, put the heater into remote control mode then let the Easy touch use its own water temp sensor to control the heater.

Awesome, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

The price continues to drop. Amazon must have excess inventory or something.

Not to be a downer or anything, but you might want to call Hayward if you haven't done so already and check on the warranty. Sometimes buying pool equipment online (as opposed to through their distribution channel) voids the warranty to nothing more than 60 days. Amazon Prime and credit card warranty programs might extend that out to a year (maybe?) but a lot of the manufacturers restrict their longer term warranties through authorized dealers only and require proof of a professional installation.

I see at least one report online of Hayward honoring their warranty through Amazon, but I'll give them a call to make sure. Too late either way. =P

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the warranty information is in the product listing, and it's direct from Hayward, so looks like I'm good.

You really should call them. Trust us! I've been in the business a long time and I can tell you that the written warranty is different if you buy online and or don't have it installed by a licensed company/person. I have seen Hayward cut their warranty in half if you install it yourself.

I can also tell you that these units have issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.