picture resize tags?

Teald024

TFP Guide
I have pictures hosted on Tinypic & Photobucket and link to them when posting within the forum. However when the original pic is large (dimension not mb), the pic takes up the whole screen and doesn't fit nicely within the post. Is there a way to resize an image using tags similar to html? I tried a few different syntax and none seemed to work with my trial & error. To be honest, I don't want to have to manually resize & reload the pics, that is painful & cumbersome. Any suggestions?

Edit: I don't see any link within Tinypic & Photobucket to get a specific link to the desired resolution/size. It just has the original and a thumbnail which is too small.

I have pictures hosted on Tinypic & Photobucket and link to them when posting within the forum. However when the original pic is large (dimension not mb), the pic takes up the whole screen and doesn't fit nicely within the post. Is there a way to resize an image using tags similar to html? I tried a few different syntax and none seemed to work with my trial & error. To be honest, I don't want to have to manually resize & reload the pics, that is painful & cumbersome. Any suggestions?

Edit: I don't see any link within Tinypic & Photobucket to get a specific link to the desired resolution/size. It just has the original and a thumbnail which is too small.

I have typically resized the pictures in PhotoBucket (although their web-based picture editor is TERRIBLE!). However, if you use Tapatalk from your mobile device (phone or tablet), you can upload and link pictures from within Tapatalk and it gives you the option of adding the pictures FULL SIZE, MED or SMALL (basically scales the picture down). So that is nice. The only issue there is if Tapatalk goes away, then you lose access to those links.

No easy way to deal with images as TFP doesn't have the budget to allow for everyone to upload and store lots of image data here. Supporters get much larger storage space access but, even then, posts with images stored on TFP have a limit of 5 inline images per post (not sure why it's so low...).

OK, after some more research, it appears that there is code to do this resize, but whether you can actually use it (and other similar code) in your posts on the forum is determined by the administrator and their choice of settings. The image itself never changes, it is just modified by the tag to change how it is displayed within the post. All this assumes that the pic is hosted elsewhere and linked into the post.

Is there any chance of implementing or allowing this code? It appears that there may even be a clickable shortcut similar to the "add a link", "add a image" icons.

The links below give some additional information.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/faq.php?mode=bbcode

BBCode tags reference

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.