Low TA, But pH is Happy

Sep 30, 2016
Lake Forest, CA
Ok, I saw a thread similar to this before, but I guess I'm too much of a worrier to just let it go. So... 2 weeks after having an RO trailer come out and lower the calcium and CYA, here are my readings:

FC 2
TC 2
pH 7.7
TA 50
CH 180
CYA 50
Temp 78

The pH has been holding pretty steady for a week. I'm using only liquid chlorine and have added no acid.

Should I attempt to raise the TA at this point? I'm expecting a ton of kids in the pool this weekend, so if I'm going to monkey with pH I need to get started now.

Thanks for your help.

Doug

Are you planning on raising the CH back up a bit? With a plaster pool, you are a bit low and your fill water is 250, so you won't raise it quickly.

Thanks. I will bring up the CH. I wanted to give any residual calcium from the walls time to go into solution with the water. I think I've given it enough time. Just want to do it carefully because I don't want to do RO again or drain and fill anytime soon.

Thanks,
Doug

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.