Hayward 1.5' LED Light Glued In - Need To Replace, Cant Get It Out!

ErikU19

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2012
My Pool Builder continues to haunt me :)

I have had TWO Hayward 1.5" LED lights go bad on me, both with under 200 hours on them. Not very impressed with Hayward to say the least...

Luckily the larger Spa and Pool lights have not been an issue, these seem to be made better.

Regardless I went to remove the ring/remove the light and it wont turn - it looks like the pool builder used a cement/glue when they place the light, so it is literally is glued in place.

what a nightmare!

The only option I have is to basically try and chisel the ring and glue around the light out and remove the light - all without damaging the pebbletec. If they used the cement all the way down the fixture it may never come out...

Did you try to contact the PB to see if there is any warranty on these lights? I would have tried that first before 'hanging them out' here.

I think you would be better off just leaving them in and not using them, versus trying to chisel them out and risk damaging the pebbletec.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.