Apr 10, 2013
Sunny SoCal
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello Everyone!

This Forum is great. I started browsing about a month ago. Thank you to all who are taking the time to help and offer your advice backed up by years of experience.

I am a pool owner of 15 years. I have a smaller pool (16,000 gallons) with two water features (waterfall and slide). Three pool pumps, The main is pentair mutli speed. Other two are for the water features. The pool is pebble tech

I purchased the test kit recommended by forum members to help combat my CYA. Long story short right now the pool is empty...CYA was well over 200, but at the beginning of Summer it was perfect.

I am looking forward to testing my own water and following the guidance here and using the products recommended to balance the water (bleach vs Chlorine for instance)

I needed to replace a non VGB drain cover, not just because of VGB but the screw inserts in mud ring had fallen out, and since the CYA was high (algae too) I decided to drain and replace the two main drain covers and the Jacuzzi.

I replaced with the Paramount SDX Retro which I am very pleased with. I will do a power wash and then add water in a few days.

Nice to be part of the group.

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

To get the best possible discussions here, take a look at "Read Before Posting" which is linked in my signature below. It provides instructions for adding a signature which includes your pool details. Glad to hear that you got your CYA under control :)