June contest! Submit photos for the visual encyclopedia!

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
{EDIT}The contest is now closed! However, new photos are always welcome.{/EDIT}

Summer is on its way! Pools are open and swimming has started, so it must be time for another exciting TFP contest!

We are putting together a visual encyclopedia of pool equipment and accessories for Pool School. To do that we need good photographs of every conceivable kind of pool equipment and accessory. Please submit your photos to help build the encyclopedia and be entered for a chance to win cool prizes. The contest runs through June 30th.

Take pictures of your equipment and post them in this topic. Clear photos of individual pieces of equipment are preferred. For complex pieces of equipment, different views will often be needed. The best pictures of each kind of equipment will be selected for inclusion in the encyclopedia. Practically anything used with the pool is an appropriate subject, pumps, filters, brushes, covers, leaf rakes, even popular pool toys.

The prizes are: a Wall Whale Brush, a Floating Duck Thermometer, a set of Squid Divers, and an Underwater Light Show.

The user who submits the most photos that are selected to be used in the encyclopedia will win first prize. Three other users who submit photos that are selected to be used will be selected at random to win second, third, and fourth place. The first place winner will select their choice of the four prizes. The second, and then third, place winners will then have their preferred remaining prize. The fourth place winner will receive the final prize.

All photos submitted must be taken by you, of equipment that you own. No commercial photographs or photos taken from web sites are allowed. By submitting photos, you grant TFP the right to use your photos in the visual encyclopedia. All photos that are used will credit the photographer by their TFP user name. The selection of photos for inclusion in the visual encyclopedia are at my sole discretion. But fear not! Many many photos will be used!

TFP is a user supported swimming pool care help forum. Your contributions keep us on the web. Our mission is to provide a place for pool owners to share their knowledge, and to promote a system of pool care that is simple, inexpensive, and trouble-free. Keeping the site running smoothly is surprisingly expensive. Your contributions are what make this outstanding resource possible.

First things first, you need the best test kit around!

Pool Toys

Chemicals

Measuring Cups

Pool

Pump & Filter

Pool Accessories

We all need water!

Vinyl Liner

My Lounger

Gotta have the MUSIC!

And the clearest pool in the neighborhood!

Thank you Casey for getting us started with the first contest entry and the first six photos accepted for the visual encyclopedia! Some of my favorites from among your pictures weren't exactly what I am looking for for the encyclopedia, but are still wonderful pictures. Thank you for your huge effort and for working with me to resolve the problems with posting your pictures.

You can see the visual encyclopedia as it grows here.

We are just getting started. There are still dozens of items that need photos. There is no need to label the photos in the image its self. When ever possible, please try to show one item at a time, rather than a collection.

---

Casey - 6

JasonLion said:
320x240 is a great size! Larger than that is also acceptable. The final images are going to be around 320x240, but I can do the resizing if that is simpler for you.

The computer I am holding doesn't happen to have a decent way to resize that far down easily...I hope what it did do doesn't mess them up too much!

If you like any of these but need a better shot, just let me know![attachment=0]Picture 002.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 2,400
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 2,403
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 2,408
How do you post more than 3 photos per message?

...I would wait for an answer, but I am on a roll. I hope that I am not doing something annoying here.

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2,385
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 2,392
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 2,390

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you WATERWORT for an amazing effort, with fourteen photos accepted for the visual encyclopedia!

You can see the visual encyclopedia as it grows here. We have only just scratched the surface. There are still many many more items that need photos.

lovingHDTV said:
a series of pictures showing someone how to get a pool vacuum hose filled with water and hooked up to the vacuum plate
This is a wonderful idea, but it is more of a tutorial than an encyclopedia. The contest is for the encyclopedia. Still, if anyone wants to make photo tutorials, I am sure we can find a place to display them.

---

WATERWORT - 14
Casey - 6

Let's see if I can help build this encyclopedia......I don't have much to add that hasn't already been sent in, although I do know several things that would make great additions. I just don't own the products! :-D

Attachments

• baking soda.jpg
    baking soda.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 2,192
  • borax.jpg
    borax.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 2,195
  • cartridge filter pump.jpg
    cartridge filter pump.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 2,198

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.