keeping 'gunk' on cover out of pool

I read this one on Poolforum several years ago. I don't remember who posted it though. If the cover is dirty, use a garden hose to sweep the dirt into the skimmer before removing the solar cover. You'll get most of it fairly easily.

IF???

Yep, hosing the cover off works pretty well. Skimmer sock probably a good idea too, for this operation, even if you don't use one normally.

"If"... man, the only time my cover has NOT been dirty was the day I unpacked it! "If" it's dirty... my goodness, what a chuckle.
--paulr

Most of the debris we get falls in just as we're rolling in the last of the cover. I've tried picking up the last five feet or so and doubling over as you take it out. Then use the hose to wash that down. We've had marginal success with that, and you need some extra space. The best for us is to accept the inevitable and stand by with the net and scoop up as much as possible. To keep all the debris at the one end of the pool for a bit, turning off the pump seems to help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.