How do I program a Hayward Ultra-Max 2-speed pump?

bcarty

Jun 8, 2009
Hi,
I have acquired a Hayward Ultra-Max 2-speed pump (model number SP29152ET).
It is the programmable kind with a 3-position toggle: up-beep, middle-off, down run.
I have the PDF user manual for it, but it is of very poor quality and I can't make out the instructions.
The sticker on the side of the pump has also faded and is unreadable.
Apparently there are 4 settings - 24 hrs on, 18 on/6 off, 12 on/12 off, and 6 on/18 off.
There is also supposed to be some beep combination that will select the low speed, but there is no mention of that in the manual.

I was hoping that one of you kind, knowledgable folks could please tell me how to program this and also how to select low speed operation.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I have that scanned PDF. Maybe it's my computer screen but the section titled:
"To set timer" is almost illegible. I can make out step 2: "Move switch from off to run", but that's about it.
If somone could translate the steps for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

And I've scoured tha manual and there is no mention of how to use the pump on low speed.

Thanks

In case anyone else ever needs the programming information for an Ultra Max 2-speed pump, I managed to find it:

ELECTRONIC TIMER MODULE INSTRUCTIONS
Your integrated timer module is designed to be programmed to your filtration needs, with four (4) possible settings.

TO SET TIMER
1. Move switch “OFF” to “PROGRAM” back to “OFF” - resulting single tone indicates Setting #1. Repeat until number of tones heard equals setting desired. ie 3 rapid tones is Setting #3
2. Move switch from “OFF” to “RUN: to begin selected program setting.SINGLE SPEED

MOTOR SETTINGS
Setting 1 - Pump runs 24 hours Continuous (single tone)
Setting 2 - Pump runs 18 hours, off 6 hours (2 tones)
Setting 3 - Pump runs 12 hours, off 12 hours (3 tones)
Setting 4 - Pump runs 6 hours, off 18 hours (4 tones)

TWO SPEED MOTOR SETTINGS
Setting 1 - Pump runs 24 hours on Hi Speed (single tone)
Setting 2 - Pump runs 18 hours on Hi, 6 hours on Low (2 tones)
Setting 3 - Pump runs 12 hours on Hi, 12 hours on Low (3 tones )
Setting 4 - Pump runs 6 hours on Hi, 18 hours on Low (4 tones)

TO OVERRIDE TIMER SETTINGS
Move switch from “RUN” to “OFF” and back to “RUN” within 3 seconds. The pump will run for 1 hour and then return to the previous programmed setting.If a power failure occurs the timer automatically returns to the programmed setting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.