Hayward Colorlogic 320's vs. Sr Smith Treo's

Sep 6, 2016
Hubert
Looking to replace 3 small fiber optic lights with LED’s.
Moved into a house with pool a year ago, only thing I know about the pool (16 x 40) is that liner was replaced 3 years ago. Problem is that old lights are covered by vinyl liner (they must not have been working) with a ring 3.5” outer diameter and 2” inner diameter. So my plan was to drain pool 10 inches, carefully cut liner so I can pull lights out and fish new one’s back in. I think I can take it from there.
My first choice are the Hayward 320 color logics (networked). They seem brighter (23 watts), have more colors and light shows and looks like these lights don’t protrude into pool. Hayward customer support is pretty quick to say they will not work unless niche is exactly 1.5” (looks like I have 2” but might be 1.5” will not be able to tell until draining pool and cut liner covering old light) and 8” behind light (I think I have that). Seems like these lights are more for new construction.
Second choice, Sr. Smith’s Treo (networked … don’t seem as bright (5 watts) , not as many colors/shows and the protrude into pool been told these light should lights will work. These lights would be a little more economical.
If anyone is familiar, or has purchased/ installed either of these lights I would really appreciate hearing from you. Any input/advice that would help me with this project would also be appreciated.

Thanks
Tim
Swansboro NC

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.