Surprise - finishing tomorrow! First timer in Arizona...

Nightowl333

Bronze Supporter
Apr 23, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
We got a surprise when our new pool build (as part of a new home build) finish date got moved up from the end of the month to... Wednesday! Time for a rush order on that test kit. Anyhoo, here are a few pics of the build so far.... Water Blue Beadcrete goes in tomorrow!

The dig:

20160713_11636.jpg20160713_11630.jpg

Let's plumb:
20160714_11718.jpg

Rebar!
20160717_11949.jpg

More plumbing!
20160721_12515.jpg

Tile!
20160817_14431.jpg20160824_15038.jpg

Waiting for the final finish (and the rest of the house to be done...)
20160918_16681.jpg

20161007_17242.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Great question on the raised deck. One of our dogs is going blind, so we wanted to have a BUMP reminder that she shouldn't walk in the pool. We hope it works! ;) Then we figured people who liked sun could hang out on that too.

I love it all!

SO sweet to do that for your doggy! WOW!

Is it close enough that you will be able to go by and brush it once a day?

When do you think the house will be done?????

What a nice surprise..........any idea why/how your pool got bumped up?

Kim:kim:

IF the granite goes in correctly today/tomorrow, then probably the end of the month. We're talking to the pool builder and home builder about how to maintain the pool til then. We're pretty close by so if it comes to it, we'll do it. I've read about brushing a little - for how many days is that a good idea and what does it do again?

I think the home builder wants to close this out and get their money! ;)

Thanks!
Scott

Looks great! I think I have that same water tile :) I think you're going to really like the in floor system. I've had mine for 2 months now and cleaning has been a breeze!

Oh good! So they promised, but glad to hear real world experience that backs it up...

On a related note, they basically threw in the ozone thing because (based on some input here) I heard it was not especially helpful; another one of those mysteries. Maybe someone gets bonused based on it, or maybe it's really helpful, who knows.

Here's this morning:

1729745735436495530-account_id=1.jpg

We're starting to get excited - this is turning from "an interesting project" into "a pool we can use!"

We talked with the builder today about the brushing that Kim talked about - their attitude was sort of "sure, if you want - but since it's mostly beadcrete it's not as critical as if it were all plaster." So we were like, "great, give us the brush!" ;) My wife and I tend to err on the side of... there might be other words, but we'll go with "thorough"...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you talk to him about the start up in the link I shared? Oh and don't worry about the 30 days no swimming. That depends on the start up. Ask your PB when you can swim....we had one PB that had it written in the directions: When the water reaches the middle of of the skimmer JUMP in!

Yep. They're going to do the initial chemistry, one of their staff specializes in it, then hand it over to us. So far their main superintendent seems very aligned with the kinds of techniques taught here. (Keep it minimal, do it yourself, etc)

I would test your fill water and write down the results for future reference.

I keep a log of my test results. I even add in major weather (BIG rain, cloudy day, FULL sun day, etc). That will help you see a pattern for your pool.

Here is a link to help you out with the tests. There are also videos on the test site (see my siggy for the link). We also have some tips for some of the test:

PH-I like to hold a white, plastic plate behind the test tube shoulder high. I pull the plate back and forth until I get a color match.

Your PH will push up fast with the new plaster. This is normal for a while (every pool is different so hard to say how long).

Your water might look a little green at first. This is also normal. It will clear up as everything settles in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.