Pool liner too small

Jun 7, 2009
I purchased a used AG pool 10' x 22' and ordered a pool liner of the internet to match those dimensions. Now I have the pool up and the pool width is actually 10’5”. Is my pool liner going to stretch that much? Help
Stephan

Stephan, welcome to TFP!!

If it's an overlap liner, you might be able to do it. I would recommend returning the too small liner and getting one that's the right size!

If you have no choice and want to use the liner you have, I'd build up the cove at the bottom of the wall - and hope for the best :wink:

Getting the liner ~perfectly centered will give you the best chance of being able to use it (overlap liners usually have 6 -8" of overlap, but an inch or 2 is fine - make sure the 'extra' over the wall is even all around before adding any water - and expect that you may have to drain the water and reposition the liner if any part of it stops being over the wall :(

Thx for the reply Ted. I am going to attempt this in two days when the sun is supposed to come out. I'm hoping that will help. It is an overlap. My pool is 48" and the liner will fit 48-52"... that should give me a lot of liner to play with. I will build the cove up 8" as you mentioned. Keeping my fingures crossed.
Stephan

waste said:
Stephan, welcome to TFP!!

If it's an overlap liner, you might be able to do it. I would recommend returning the too small liner and getting one that's the right size!

If you have no choice and want to use the liner you have, I'd build up the cove at the bottom of the wall - and hope for the best :wink:

Getting the liner ~perfectly centered will give you the best chance of being able to use it (overlap liners usually have 6 -8" of overlap, but an inch or 2 is fine - make sure the 'extra' over the wall is even all around before adding any water - and expect that you may have to drain the water and reposition the liner if any part of it stops being over the wall :(

Pool is up and 1/4 full H2O. Only have about 1" overlap in a few places but I think it is going to work out. The liner ended up being too short length wise not width. I was about 18" short on each end. Pushing it to it's limit but I think it will hold.
Stephan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.