plumbing

mtw

Jun 2, 2009
can someone direct me to or post some pics of their pool plumbing, weather rigid/flex or both.
im a newbie and currently have flex hose but im thinking of moving my filter and pump etc..anywhere from 20-30 ft and im not sure if i go with rigid pvc if i have to bury it otherwise how would i go that distance and support the pipes? pics would really help since im not really up on the termanology. by the way its an ag pool
thanks,
mike

Schedule 40 PVC is an easy to work with, economical choice. You can bury it fairly easily. A foot is plenty deep, since the pipes won't have water in them if it gets cold. You'll want to blow them out with a shop vac if you winterize the pool.

While I doubt my pool setup is a good match for comparison to yours, here are the pictures of my water in and water out

Water in (from the pool)
[attachment=1:1ofy07b2]AAA_1738_smaller.JPG[/attachment:1ofy07b2]

Water out (to the pool)
[attachment=0:1ofy07b2]AAA_1737_2640_resized.JPG[/attachment:1ofy07b2]

I do not know how deeply the pipes are run, but I have an inground pool, with an 8 or 9 foot deep end and the main drain at the bottom.

The pool man -- Steve -- put in a three way valve and replaced the above ground main drain line (left size) with flex for simplicity when we got our new pump installed. He used both flexible and fixed pipes depending on convenience, ease and intended use.
There are two lines going back to the water inlets. The one on the left has an old valve and go to two jets that are part of a "spa-like" ventury system to add air. This is no longer needed since the Ozonator injects a lot of air itself into the line.

If I replace the sand filter, it will be with one that supports 2" piping, since the pump has 2" pipe ports. This should reduce my pressure and improve flow, since I have two 1.5" pipes for water in, and 2x 1.5" pipes for water out.

Don't know if this helps, but it's my story and I'm stickin with it.

Attachments

• AAA_1738_smaller.JPG
    AAA_1738_smaller.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 134
  • AAA_1737_2640_resized.JPG
    AAA_1737_2640_resized.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 132
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.