115v 2-speed pump options

4x400m

Oct 2, 2015
Safety Harbor, FL
I need to replace my old pump (1HP Pump - EUSQ1102 / Sta-rite P2R), and I'd really like to upgrade to a 2-speed pump. However, I'm having a tough time finding many 115v options. Given my current wiring and timer setup, I'd really like to avoid switching over to a 230v setup.

Are there any options other than the Pentair WFDS-24 / WFDS-3 to consider? Our solar setup is on a 1-story roof. So, I think the Pentair would work well. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking a less expensive option that would also work well.

Also, can the Pentair WFDS-24 pump speed be controlled externally. I'd be trying to control it from either the solar controller or an Intermatic PE653.

I replaced my 1hp with the Pentair VS (342001) and really like it. For your DIY automation you can program 3 pump speeds plus a quick clean speed via the pump menu and select the speed for the pump to run from the provided digital input (does require you purchase cable).

wcQVRcRfpZHYgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.