Have a problem with not being able to plaster because the gunite is too wet

Last Wednesday when the plaster guys came out they were unable to plaster because too much water had accumulated at the bottom of the deep end. They tried to dry the gunite enough to plaster but said there was too much water. After they left there was almost no water on the bottom and in the days since it has returned. If I used a shop vac to remove the water is there any chance of me damaging anything?

This is what it looked like yesterday
IMG_1988.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1991.jpg
    IMG_1991.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 102
Thank you very much for your quick reply! I asked my builder the same question and they said they advised against it. I took that as "we don't want to be responsible if we say yes and you mess something up"! Since the pool thing is totally new to me I just wanted to check w/ ppl who are knowledgeable and will give me a straight answer! Where can I get a submersible pump and are they expensive? I thought my shop vac because I have one... and I thought it would be quicker than using a spoon! J/k Thanks again!

LOL! Yes, a shop vac might be faster than a spoon or a shovel. You can rent a pump at Lowes or home Depot. They usually sell some too in the outdoor area. Northern Tool or Harbor Freight are other places. Make sure the pump is capable of pumping water up 8 feet, or however deep your pool is.

LOL! Yes, a shop vac might be faster than a spoon or a shovel. You can rent a pump at Lowes or home Depot. They usually sell some too in the outdoor area. Northern Tool or Harbor Freight are other places. Make sure the pump is capable of pumping water up 8 feet, or however deep your pool is.
I spent the afternoon researching and figured that buying instead of renting was cheaper. I picked up a pump from Harbor Freight and I'm draining the water as I type this. The pump works great and I'm glad you suggested it over the shop vac! Thanks again for all your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.