pH adjustment over winter?

Apr 3, 2016
Baltimore MD
Pool is new so this is its second winter. The new plaster I believe is raising the pH quite a bit. Every week I usually need to drop from 7.8 to 7.2 to keep CSI in range.

My question is: to avoid scaling during the winter won't I need to keep an eye on pH?

Seems like no fun at all to pull the looploc back and add acid and brush it around but I certainly don't want a scaling issue.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being covered will slow the PH rise. But it is still worth checking once a month or so. You can drop a small submersible pump to circulate the acid in the water so you can just pull back a small spot.

Being covered will slow the PH rise. But it is still worth checking once a month or so. You can drop a small submersible pump to circulate the acid in the water so you can just pull back a small spot.

Thanks.

I was going to adjust the chlorine a little too while I'm at it.

I'm closing a little early bc the leaves are so bad so my temp is about 68. Not sure if it will be green in a few weeks. The chlorine seems to hold much longer with the mesh and the cooler temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.