Help with high cyanuric acid

Update, it appearing things are moving in the right direction. I just did another FC test, 14. Therefore poolmath shows to add another 338oz. Do I need to anymore testing tonight or just start in the morning?

Kim, I did add MA.

Thanks everyone.

Another customer messed up at the pool store. I bought my test kit a couple of years ago when my CYA was about the same as yours and Leslie's thought it was about 10. And they didn't know about or have the testing materials for cya that came in the kit, not that I saw anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Sunday morning, I brushed the pool down good. Took the first FC Test, results: 20.5, I added 118 oz of bleach. I assume I will continue the process throughout the day. ( Till I have to leave for tailgating & Sunday Night Game). Is the goal to keep the FC at my target (24) till it clears? It is still green, not as nasty pond looking green.

Thanks again.

Making progress, but any estimate on how much longer????? Leaving town Friday for a week!!
This is what has been done so far: It is looking better. IMG_5048.jpg

Saturday
640 oz of bleach at 5:45 pm
Added 1 gallon of muartic acid to lower ph
FC Test at 8:45pm = 14ppm = 320 oz
FC Test at 10:45: 21 ppm= 196oz

Sunday morning
FC Test at 9:45 am: 20.5 = 128oz
FC Test 12:00 pm: 22.5 = 51 oz
FC Test 1:15 pm: 21 = 64 oz

Monday
FC Test 10:30am: 20 = 135oz
FC Test 2:15 pm: 22= 68 oz
FC Test 3:45pm: 24= 0 ��
FC Test 5:30 pm : 22 = 68 oz
FC Test 7:30pm: 22 = 68 oz
FC Test 9:30 pm : 23.5 = 17oz

Tuesday
FC Test 10:00 am :24.5 = 0 drops
FC Test 5:15 pm: 17.5 = 219oz ( Can not believe the big drop, I did take a sample from a different location)
FC Test 7:45 pm :20.5 = 118oz

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are going to HATE this answer :( It takes as long as it takes. It will be a while yet as the water is still green so you are still killing the algae. You are doing an awesome job of testing and adding FC!

Is there ANY way you can have some one pop over and add FC three times a day while you are gone? I would hate to see your progress be lost.

I would not worry about them testing.....just get the average of you have been adding and have that set up in jugs so all they have to do is pour it in.

As you are seeing the M (maintain) part of the SLAM is the most important part. The more you are able to maintain it the better (faster) it will be.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: FunJen
Good news!! My pool was clear today. So what now? We are leaving for a week tomorrow.
Do I continue to run the filters 24/7 and let the FC come down or do I have someone put bleach in it while I am gone? I certainly do not want to come home to a green pool again.

FYI: You all made my husband a believer. Thank you.

That IS clear! I do have to ask though...........do I see some green spot/areas/dust on the bottom? I want to make sure that is just the reflection.

I would have someone come over to add FC each evening so you do not back slid. You have worked SO hard to get it where it is now lets make sure it stays this way!

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.