Rubber ducky says time is running out!

Took my pool down this week. Too much shade. Couldn't get it above 73°.
cf8458ebe9adc393c7aa0ed4e54fa953.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My water got up to a max of 81 yesterday in the Orlando area. Spent two hours pseudo-closing (since we don't really close pools here). Cleaned the filter, rinsed off the SWG, added some salt, let the dolphin out for a little post hurricane run. I was surprised how much salt and CYA dropped since I lowered the water seven inches for Mathew. Added those back in. It was a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the weekend, the water was just a hair above 70*, that's up from the 66* it had been last week. That's a little cold for me, lol, but the kids were still asking to go in. The one in orange stepped in onto the top of the stairs and I could see him think twice, but he jumped right in! They swam for a half hour while I watched with a coat on. It was 59* out!

sccco4_th.jpg

9ifslc_th.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A lovely 29deg C (83F) water temp over here in Perth, Western Australia. Spring has finally sprung with the outside temp expected to be 31deg C (88F) tomorrow. Woop Woop. Its swimming time.

30K LT BRP fibreglass pool, Astral ZX150 cartridge filter, Astral EVO320 varible speed pump, Astral Viron Ai EQ3 SWG, Astral 9KW BPA400 heat pump, Dolphin DB1 robotic cleaner

67° here. Will be closing end of this week after I finish cleaning up from the mess Matthew made. Summer went by too fast! :(

62F this morning. Cold front moved through over the weekend and we're expecting temps in the low forties tonight. Pulled the pump and filter off for good measure, will double check the forecast but likely will start the drain tomorrow. ☹️ Hard to believe I was swimming on Friday and they're warning of frost in areas near us...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The pool is still at 84 thanks to the solar heat panels, the daytime highs have been in the upper 80's to low 90's with night time lows dipping into the 50's some nights, but still mostly in the 60's so warmer than average for this time of year, with no sign of the swim season coming to a close yet. Typically our last swim of the season is late October / early November when the solar heat can no longer keep the pool above 80 degrees. At this rate that may be early December this year.

Water temp was 63 yesterday, I jumped in after a jog and got out fairly quickly.

But - with a forecast of 73 for next Saturday, we will fire up the heater for at least one more swim.

Like Marian, I absolutely LOVE my heater, this is our second season with it, and it is a total game changer.

Does not the thermometer state 84*, not 75*? Maybe I am missing something. My pool was closed last week in September (tired of cleaning all the leaves) and water was real cold.

Yep, my thermometer says about 85 (and I was shivering)! My comment about 75 degrees was in response to someone else's post.

i don't close the pool. I just won't get in it until April or May!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.