Knoxville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Hi. Long time follower and first time poster.
I have a Merlin solid vinyl safety cover.
Last season we did a renovation that started with new liner and involved removal of existing concrete deck and installation of a new paver deck and patio.
I didn't get the cover reinstalled last winter - the contractor with whom I was working fell off the face of the earth.
So, I'm working to install the anchors for the cover myself now.

I purchased 18" pipe anchors from a online retailer. I presumed that they were 1" diameter.
So, I ordered a 1" diamond hole saw to get a nice neat hole in the paver and a 1" x 18" masonry bit to get through the stone base and earth below.

I measured the aluminum pipe on the anchors with a caliper and they are 0.94". Also, the brass screw anchor part is stamped "MEYCO".

Is 1" hole proper for this anchor? Will it be sloppy in the paver hole?
Seems like 7/8" (0.875") would be too small. 0.94 is about halfway between 0.875 and 1.

Can someone give me some guidance here?

Also, it seems like the consensus in the forums here is to drill the holes in the sanded joints of the pavers?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.