Autocover Pool Build Problem

Oct 8, 2016
Minnesota
Hi we are in the middle of our pool build and our rectangle pool on the shallow end was not built straight, see pictures. This means there is a large gap when the cover closes.. the builder is trying to suggest ways to fix so the cover performs as intended (so closing the gap) but the ideas have been terrible (like insert a piece of decking in the end of the pool - which would of course look terrible) has anyone fixed this, what should we say to the builder ?

We'll see if Honeybadger stops by. He's our autocover expert.

Agreed. The pool could very well be square (diagonal lengths are equal) but it's the end wall/ decking that has a wave in it.
The PB should pay to have a custom leading bar manufactured to match the wonky end wall of your pool.

Agreed. The pool could very well be square (diagonal lengths are equal) but it's the end wall/ decking that has a wave in it.
The PB should pay to have a custom leading bar manufactured to match the wonky end wall of your pool.

I agree with this. You may want to contact the cover manufacturer to see what they say is the best solution, and then present to PB.

I have auto cover, but because my pool is not rectangular, I had to use the tracking on top, so this wouldn't happen for me. But had I had rectangular, I would have chosen your mounting method, and would not be happy with that. Keep us filled in on how this goes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.