New Build - Frisco, TX

Texas Dobie

Gold Supporter
Sep 10, 2016
Frisco, Texas
Good afternoon everyone!! I want to say thank you all so much for being able to read thread after thread and overload my brain with everyone else's pool build and questions! As you all know this pool process is a beating!! I think the pool builders should give away free margarita machines at the door!! My husband originally got on here when I started the bidding process so I also jumped on and read my little heart out. We originally just wanted a pool but then decided on adding a spa off the recommendation of a friend, we hope she's right :D. The spa will also help extend our season. A little background on us...it's just the two of us and our Doberman (who will most likely be in the water with us as well). We chose our style of pool and sun ledge with him in mind for cooling off during the hot Texas summer.

We will both be on here asking questions through this process...so here's where we are so far with our plan. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. I'm ready to swim!

Thanks,
D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Following up on Rsmith's comment, I highly recommend not taking him up on the first year of pool maintenance (yes for the first month so the all is good with your warranty). You will become comfortable quickly after you take over. Honestly it's quite straightforward after you get the hang up it - and you have a great resource here. Your pool could suffer depending on how he maintains it. There is no substitute for personally maintaining your pool - no one will be more attentive than you (assuming that's your end goal anyway). You will likely learn bad habits if you watch a "professional". Their maintenance methods are not compatible with TFPC (trouble free pool care) methods because they only visit once per week.

Please take a look through Pool School - link in the top left corner. Of first concern is your sanitation method. I see they have included a chlorine puck feeder. Have you given thought on how you plan to chlorinate? Now is the time to do that.

TFPC's cornerstone is accurate self-testing and dosing. Only adding to your water what is needed and nothing else.

Howdy neighbor. I'm in Frisco too and am going through my first pool build as well. My pool just completed the gunite stage. So I still have a ways to go. Your design looks great. I have poured over this site. The information and combined experience of everyone on it is invaluable.

All of your equipment and materials looks good. The only things I would add based on my research is (1) look into cleaning robots if your budget allows it, and (2) a downside to the autofills is that it makes it hard to detect leaks, or other issues causing water to be lost out of the pool. So look into adding a flow meter to it so you can keep track of how much water is going in and compare one month to the next.

Good luck with everything, and of course, post pictures to document your progress.

Dean

Eugene with Prestige is a great guy. Hauk built mine as well. Best of luck through the process. My take is that it's not fun having it done (delays, lack of communication, etc is a way of life it seems) but well worth it in the end.

Good luck! your pool is very similar to ours. I wish you a nice quick construction!

Thank you bdrex28! I was reading through your build and love your design! I remember seeing your spa with the drop seat and I am so happy you posted pictures of it, that is something I definitely want in the spa. Big thanks for that!! Sure hope they get yours finished up for you quickly!
-D

bemoreswim - Thank you for the recommendation. We value the feedback from TFP members. I doubt we will use their offer of free pool maintenance for a full year. If our build goes according to schedule our pool should be done in February. Something seems appealing about having someone else cleaning our pool in the middle of the winter?? More than likely we will turn down their free year offer and go with a 3 month pool school to get us through the colder weather.

No doubt, 100% agreed on maintaining our pool personally long term.

Thanks,
R

It's been 4 months since we made the decision to build a new pool and patio and we finally have a signed contract and a projected dig date of December 5th barring any delays on permits/approvals from the city or HOA! We have made a few design, finish, and equipment changes from our original plan but the picture we originally posted is a good representation of our project. My wife and I are very thankful for the knowledge we have gained from the TFP community. Thank you. I'm sure we will have tons of questions for ya'll over the coming months so let me say thank you in advance for your ideas and opinions. I trust ya'll can keep a secret.....Rumor has it Santa will be giving my wife "D" a very special gift of a TF-100 test kit for Christmas!!!

Thanks again,

R

What fun! A winter build! I love the design you posted! You are already so far ahead of the game just finding TFP!

R, make sure to tell Santa the Speed Stir makes a great stocking stuffer also!

Since you have read so much you will not be surprised with this request from me:

Pictures of the area the pool is going AND a picture of the dog the pool is being built for LOL

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.