New Build - Frisco, TX

Was he able to go out and meet and greet them? I love to walk one of my BIG dogs out on a leach when service people are here. Their eyes pop open when they see them walking so calmly and seeming to be so well trained :roll: LOL if they only knew why the dog is keeping their eyes on me so closely! I have yummies in my closed hand hehe!

Kim:kim:

Kim,

Smart thing with the treats in hand!! Every dog I've ever known is a foodie just like me lol! Whenever I visit family we usually have 5+ dogs together and I was always known for treats with them. They would swarm around me and sit then one by one shake, get a treat and scarf it down. I didn't do a meet and greet with him. He was barking enough through the windows lol. He was one pooped pup by the end of the day since he didn't take any naps! I think I was as tuckered as he was...up at 5am, heard the trucks at 8am and I was standing out in the cold watching them for most of the day. I think it hit me at about 7:30pm, a feeling of calm came over me. Kind of like a Phhheeewww, this is finally happening and it's all going to be ok. Whatever decisions we made on the pool that we've stressed about, talked about, changed, changed again, lost sleep over... is all coming to fruition and it's ours :). Watching all that dirt being dug and hauled away put a smile on my face. Now looking at our poor front yard is a different story but I know it will all be fixed after it is all said and done. We have a hole in our yard!! The excavator crew was nice and did an awesome job! They were very personable and very appreciative of the snacks, water and hot chocolate. It was sad to see our Cypress tree taken out but it was the right thing for us to do. Today with the steel being done I wasn't out there much. Did the picture, snack and water thing but figured errands can be ran and I'll take a gander when it's all done.

Thanks,
D

SWEET!!!! A hole in the ground AND a tired dog????? Win-win lol

Okay here is your job.....take a tape measure out and measure everything...is it long,wide,deep.etc enough??? Add about 6" for the United and plaster. NOW is the time to do any fixes or changes.

Will H be in the pool area at all? If so you might want to go to Lowe's and get steel caps. We do NOT want him hurt.

I second the idea of the pictures of the plumbing layout. Very good idea Deano! Thanks!

Kim,

I will get out my trusty tape measure today... Sure don't wanna be slacking on my job ;). H won't be in the backyard at all, we also don't want him hurt either. He has a huge dog run on the whole right side of the house that is fenced in with two gates and he enjoys his walks. The other side of the house is where all the construction has access. I'm actually glad I locked his gates since someone showed up yesterday when we were out there and tried to open that gate. PB said the only time anyone will need access to H's area is when electric comes out.

Thanks,
D

If you can, take a wide angle picture of the open trenches with the pipe laying in them. It may help later when you need to remember where they are. I showed them to my fence guys, landscapers, and sprinkler guys.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks!! That is a wonderful idea!! So far I've "only" taken 145 pictures/videos in 2 days so why stop now, right?!?! I think I'll have to print some of the plumbing ones out just in case we ever need to look back at them at a much later date.
Thanks,
D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking good H! Nice to see he will wear it! It will be SO much fun to see him using it!

Have you ever had him in the water before? Does he like to swim?

One of our bulldogs did NOT know how to swim. He sank like a rock! After a while he did learn to use his front legs to keep his head above water but that is all. He just hung out in the tummy high water while our lab swam like, welll, a lab LOL

Now start bonding with it aka spraying it down to help it cure. There may be some small cracks. This okay, the plaster will fill those in.

Now is the time I share some links with you. It is a LOT of info. and will take some time, rereading and using for it to all sink in.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Please ask your PB what test kit he is giving you. Let us know so we can fill in any holes it might have.

Does it look as good in person as it looks on the pics??

Does it look as good in person as it looks on the pics??

Yes, it looks great. But then again we might be biased! We are very pleased with our PB so far. All of the trades have been friendly and respectful, they keep the job site clean and their work looks great. I think D has won them over with coffee and snacks.

We are a little nervous about the weather next week. Lows in the 20's with rain chances. H wants to wear his life jacket to stay warm!

Thanks, R

If you have read some of the past build threads you will know just how great your PB has been! Clean up each day?? What your pool is not a trash can? It is on MANY builds. Friendly and respectful workers? WOW! There have been some that required restraining orders :shock: Of course those are worst case scenarios but..........keep the coffee and snacks flowing! You can be SURE they all talk about LIKING to do work at your build! "Hey wait until you get to R&D's house! They have a neat dog and have goodies on hand!"

Make sure they did not cover anything up that should not be covered up. One build they covered a jet pipe in the spa. How they did not see it??? :oops::scratch:

Pics of travertine decking, OK flagstone coping, stack stone back wall/spa, and water line tile.

The pic doesn't do justice to the color variation in the coping.

BTW.....D is on her second round of "bonding" with our pool and still has a smile on her face.....We will see how long that lasts!

Thanks, R

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 291
LOL once she gets tired of bonding with the pool you can set up a sprinkler to do it for you. Just make sure it hits all areas of the pool.

LOVE the colors and stones you have picked! PRETTY!

Now with the water line tile look through the box to make sure there are no ugly ones-color, chips, cracks, etc. They are all going to be different. Some people have gone so far as to set out the tiles how they want them to go with a good mix of color and shades of colors. Better you pick how it looks than someone else.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.